Barcode encyclopedia : Symbology codablock
- Basic : Code 39
- Each symbol contain 1 to 22 lines
- Basic : Code 128
- Each symbol contain 2 to 44 rows, 1 to 61 data chatacters, (up to 122 for numeric data per row)
- Each line can contain different numbers of symbols
- The code is a continuous, variable-length symbology
- Character set same as Code 39 or Code128 for CodablockF(10 digits, 26 letters, space, and 6 symbols)
- secured by two mod-86 checks sums in addition to the row checks sum.
- supported by common bar code equipment
- Full ASCII character set 8-bit ISO 8859-1 Latin-1
- Numeric compression supported
- secured row checksum
- Each symbol contain start nd stop symbol
- Each line contain 2 chars as line number.
- Last line contain check char
- Coding application must check coded symbols for best compression.
The current version is Codablock F which is basically a stack of Code 128 symbols.
- Latest version is buyed on Code128 symbology, it is possible read this barcode with Code128 readers, but contain added information, this must be next decoding.
- Very good choice for easy reading with laser scanners. For using is good usign with German blood banks for identification blood derivates. Code was created with ICS Identcode-Systeme, Heinrich Oehlmann
Code A : ASCII contorl codes, numbers and capital letters.
Code B : small and capital letters, numbers
Code C : numbers ( compression format)