Barcode encyclopedia : Symbology code128
- high density barcode
- introduced early 1980s
- adopted by many industry applications
- variable length symbology
- Each char contain in length 11 modules
- Encode full 128 ASCII characters
- Has 106 different printed patterns, each patteren have one of three differenet meaning, depending on content selector.
- Three different start character tell the reader the character set is used in encoding.Three Shift codes can change chacter set in symbol.
- Character set A and B is using for aplha-numeric information, Code set C is only numeric - compressed two digits into one char - very good.
- Minimum value of X dimension is 7.5 mils, height is 15% of length, minimum 0.25 inches or greater.
- Start and stop quiet zone is 0.25 inch wide.
Structure of barcode :