Barcode encyclopedia : Symbology msi
- based on original Plessey technology
- Developed by the MSI Data Corporation
- continuous symbology, non self-checking.
- uses one or two check digits - modulo 10, modulo 11 or both
- Start character : wide bar followed by a narrow space
- Any number of charcters encoded from the table bellow
- Checksum digit(s)
- Stop chracter, narrow bar a wide space and narrow bar
Code 11 Encoding tableThis table indicatele how to encode each digit ot MSI barcode. 0 is space , 1 is simple line.
MSI Encoding image:
- Developed by the Plessey Compnay, England.
- March 1971 - used in libraries
- More variations : ADS Company - known as Anker Code - used in European point of sale systems before EAN Code
- Plessey is basic system for create MSI barcode
- Wide bar following by narrow space is a "1"
- Narrow space followed by wide space is a "0"
- Fixed number of bits per character, 4 bits for hexadecimal or 6 bit for 64 chracter set.
- Self-checking : No. Used one or more check digits
- Continuous code
- Hexadecimal code - 12 units per character
- 3 units per bit
- Equaly with Anker code and MSI. Anker has inverted CRS and MSI Start ans stop configuration.
Code tableStart code: 1101
Check character : ?
Stop character : after check digit two wide bar and and narrow space...